What will the homes of the future look like?
Future homes probably won’t look like the 1950s home of Leave It to Beaver. No wife will be cooking dinner while impeccably adorned in a beautiful house dress with matching white apron. No husband will be reading a print newspaper with his morning coffee. Nor will the children be saying “Gee Whiz” or “Golly” most likely.
It’s not just that families have changed. It’s that America is now more than just families.
The Future? Many Americans Now Are Single and Live Alone
As marriage declines in America, more and more Americans are living alone.
Home ownership is often associated with family, but future homes may need to cater more and more to single, divorced, and widowed people.
Many single people in America may never get married. For them, a future home isn’t about settling down with a spouse to raise children. The home might be their refuge from work, or perhaps a temporary stop between traveling from one location to another.
So how will future homes accommodate the single people of tomorrow?
Smart Homes are Just the Start
The futuristic homes of tomorrow will at minimum be “smart homes.” A smart home is one in which devices such as appliances, heating, lighting, and computers are capable of communicating with one another.
With a smart home, you can check your security cameras with your cellphone app while away from home. You could also adjust your air conditioning, change your lighting, and perhaps even start your coffee pot all with the touch of a button.
As smart technology evolves, homeowners may also be able to create amazing virtual atmospheres in their homes. For example, one wall might be a screen that can change to provide nature scenes on demand. For example, a beautiful beach scene from Hawaii, complete with background wave sounds, might be on display.
These tech-created comforts might help people create their own personal Xanadu home of the future. But there’s more.
Future Homes for Singles Will Provide Companionship and Safety
The word “single” often conjures up images of attractive young people going out to bars and parties and generally enjoying life. Certainly, a large number of young people today are single and remain that way much longer than previous generations.
However, we also have more and more senior single people, often through divorce or the death of a spouse.
As people get older, they will require more help and support in their homes. Even young people might appreciate having more security options while living alone.
Need a Security System? Check This Out
- Ring Alarm puts whole-home security at your fingertips. Get alerts on your smart phone when doors or windows open or motion is detected.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring is just $10/month. No long-term contracts or cancellation fees.
- Manage Ring Alarm and other Ring products—including Ring Doorbell—with the Ring app.
- Customize Ring Alarm for your needs. Add components at any time for whole home protection.
- Easily setup Ring Alarm in minutes—without tools or professional installation.
Beyond standard security systems, smart homes can support personal health and safety in a number of ways. For example, they may be connected in such a way that people can be easily monitored remotely by a doctor.
- A great fit for 1-2 bedroom homes, this kit includes one base station, one keypad, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and one range extender.
- Put whole-home security at your fingertips with Ring Alarm, a do-it-yourself alarm system with optional 24/7 professional monitoring with Ring Protect Plus for $10/month for 24/7 emergency police, fire and medical response when your Ring Alarm is triggered.
- Includes a more intuitive keypad with emergency buttons and smaller contact sensors to seamlessly blend into your home.
- Receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm modes, and monitor all your Ring devices all through the Ring app.
- Choose the Ring Alarm kit that fits your needs and add additional components and accessories at any time.
- (1). [ Advanced H.265+ High Efficiency Video Compression ] __ ZOSI self-developed H.265+ video coding technology extract features that focus on characteristics of the surveillance scenes for larger storage space and better image quality. H.265+ can further improve compression ratio on the basis of H.265 standard and save about 80% storage compared with H.264, and thus effectively saving storage resources and provides an excellent and smooth viewing experience.
- (2). [ Extendable System Overview ] __ Exclusive 8 Channel 5MP-Lite DVR Recorder paired with 4 Weatherproof 1080p bullet cameras with 80ft night vision and 90°view angle(It allows you to add 4 more 1080p or 5MP 12.5fps cameras). 60FT BNC+DC CCTV cabling provides both video and power to your cameras,more stable and reliable than wireless security system.(No Hard Drive Included)
- (3). [ Local or Remote Access, Playback Anytime & Anywhere ] __ View and control your security system locally by connecting the system to a monitor without internet, or via free ZOSI Client software on tablet, PC, or via Smartphone APP (ZOSI Smart ) on mobile devices remotely.You can also playback significant evidence or funny videos records by searching different days, hours or minutes.
- (4). [ Advance Motion Detection & Alert Push ] __ You can customize motion detection area in each camera to minimize false alerts from moving branches or animals,and block out selected areas to grant privacy in situations, people can not view of certain areas or activities. Instant notifications and email alerts with screenshot will be pushed to your phone directly as long as the cameras detect moving objects.
- (5). [ Customize Each Camera with Different Record Modes ] __Our ZOSI DVR offers 4 kinds recording modes to meet your needs: Record footage continuously; Record during scheduled times; Only record when detect motion; Recycle record. You can customize each camera with different recording modes, and download the recording files for the USB backup.
- 【H. 265/H.265+ 8CH 5MP Lite HD-TVI DVR】--With the advanced H. 265 technology, which could double the data compression ratio, keep the high quality video even with low bit-rate, it allows you to maximize storage space and enjoy ultra-long recording.
- 【Expandable camera system】-this is 8Channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports analog HD-TVI CVI AHD camera It provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras You can add more 4pcs 720P or 1080P Bullet or dome cameras
- 【Built in 1TB Security Grade Hard Drive】-- Support ultra-long continuous recording and backup by USB. Dvr can be set to automatically overwrite the oldest internally stored footage or you can transfer those video files by USB to a memory stick or external hard Drive.
- 【IP67 Weatherproof Camera,80ft Night Vision】-- This Camera use Aluminum Metal materials, can effectively prevent rust,Can be installed in almost any outdoor or indoor place. ,Built in 24pcs IR LEDs, Get a sharp and crisp image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-CUT filter, Up to 80ft night vision in total darkness and 130ft Night vision in ambient light.More than 3.0Lux the night vision is color.
- 【Privacy Protection and Mobile Viewing】 You can block out select areas on each camera. This is to grant privacy in situations. People can not view of certain areas or activities. You can remote access simultaneously on smart devices(IOS/Android) at any time, anywhere with Wi-Fi/ 2G/ 3G/ 4G on smart Phone, tablet, and PC. You’ll never miss out on a moment with remote and local playback, no matter where you are
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes - no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day - No contracts (SimpliSafe products and professional monitoring services are only offered for sale and supported in the US)
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range -- no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- Get motion detection alerts on your phone with the option to customize motion zones in the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re only alerted when you need to be.
Robot Companionship and Support
Probably one of the most game-changing technological developments that will soon transform life as we know it is robotics. Robots will be the next big leap in technology that totally changes how we live and work, much like the Internet totally transformed the world between the 1990s and 2010s.
Robot helpers may be on the market sooner than you think. Here are just a few of the ways robots might be part of future homes:
1. Robot Companionship
As creepy as it is, one of the biggest areas for robotic development right now is in the field of sex robots. However, many people may simply want a robot around for platonic companionship – someone to talk to and relate with at the end of a long day at work.
2. Robot Servants
Who wouldn’t want a robot to clean the house for you? We already have mini-robots in the form of self-propelled vacuum cleaners. But someday soon, home robots will be able to perform more complex cleaning and organizational tasks.
3. Self-Driving Cars
Cars that drive themselves will be part of future homes, and provide a great benefit to people who are unable to drive due to sickness or disability.
4. Robot Medical Care
Some robots of the future will be caretakers for homebound seniors, providing not just basic nursing but also monitoring of the individual to make sure their health is stable.
5. Robot Pets
The main benefit of robot pets is that they won’t produce biological waste that can be messy and takes time to clean up. People with allergies can also enjoy a robot pet even if they are allergic to a live cat or dog.
Future Homes for Single People May Take Over
If future homes with robot support are comfortable, affordable, and offer the level of safety and companionship that one might get from living with another human, they might end up being the norm. As people might find their robot roommates and “mates” easier to get along with, we might see even more people choosing to live alone in the future. This may or may not be a good thing in the long run, but it is certainly going to be an interesting evolution of humanity.
Last update on 2021-05-08 at 23:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API