What will the homes of the future look like?
Future homes probably won’t look like the 1950s home of Leave It to Beaver. No wife will be cooking dinner while impeccably adorned in a beautiful house dress with matching white apron. No husband will be reading a print newspaper with his morning coffee. Nor will the children be saying “Gee Whiz” or “Golly” most likely.
It’s not just that families have changed. It’s that America is now more than just families.
The Future? Many Americans Now Are Single and Live Alone
As marriage declines in America, more and more Americans are living alone.
Home ownership is often associated with family, but future homes may need to cater more and more to single, divorced, and widowed people.
Many single people in America may never get married. For them, a future home isn’t about settling down with a spouse to raise children. The home might be their refuge from work, or perhaps a temporary stop between traveling from one location to another.
So how will future homes accommodate the single people of tomorrow?
Smart Homes are Just the Start
The futuristic homes of tomorrow will at minimum be “smart homes.” A smart home is one in which devices such as appliances, heating, lighting, and computers are capable of communicating with one another.
With a smart home, you can check your security cameras with your cellphone app while away from home. You could also adjust your air conditioning, change your lighting, and perhaps even start your coffee pot all with the touch of a button.
As smart technology evolves, homeowners may also be able to create amazing virtual atmospheres in their homes. For example, one wall might be a screen that can change to provide nature scenes on demand. For example, a beautiful beach scene from Hawaii, complete with background wave sounds, might be on display.
These tech-created comforts might help people create their own personal Xanadu home of the future. But there’s more.
Future Homes for Singles Will Provide Companionship and Safety
The word “single” often conjures up images of attractive young people going out to bars and parties and generally enjoying life. Certainly, a large number of young people today are single and remain that way much longer than previous generations.
However, we also have more and more senior single people, often through divorce or the death of a spouse.
As people get older, they will require more help and support in their homes. Even young people might appreciate having more security options while living alone.
Need a Security System? Check This Out
- Ring Alarm puts whole-home security at your fingertips. Get alerts on your smart phone when doors or windows open or motion is detected.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring is just $10/month. No long-term contracts or cancellation fees.
- Manage Ring Alarm and other Ring products—including Ring Doorbell—with the Ring app.
- Customize Ring Alarm for your needs. Add components at any time for whole home protection.
- Easily setup Ring Alarm in minutes—without tools or professional installation.
Beyond standard security systems, smart homes can support personal health and safety in a number of ways. For example, they may be connected in such a way that people can be easily monitored remotely by a doctor.
- A great fit for 1-2 bedroom homes, this kit includes one base station, one keypad, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and one range extender.
- Put whole-home security at your fingertips with Ring Alarm, a do-it-yourself alarm system with optional 24/7 professional monitoring with Ring Protect Plus for $10/month for 24/7 emergency police, fire and medical response when your Ring Alarm is triggered.
- Includes a more intuitive keypad with emergency buttons and smaller contact sensors to seamlessly blend into your home.
- Receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm modes, and monitor all your Ring devices all through the Ring app.
- Choose the Ring Alarm kit that fits your needs and add additional components and accessories at any time.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Get motion detection alerts on your phone with the option to customize motion zones in the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re only alerted when you need to be.
- See, hear, and speak to visitors with live view in real time and two-way audio features on your Blink app.
- 🚨GREAT HOME ALARM : A great fit for Home, store ,condos and apartments, this (9-Piece) kit includes one base station, one motion detector, five contact sensor, two remote control. DIY installation, No contracts and no subscription fee.
- 🚨APP CONTROL : When important entry areas such as windows/doors are opened, or when motion is detected, get a instant push alerts on your phone and an alarm will issue a 120dB alert. The main controller hub is responsible for connecting with all of the sensors
- 🚨SOS CONTROL : With a free IOS/Android smartphone app, it can be easily controlled by arming, disarming, and home modes with also a simple remote control. In the event of an emergency, you can also seek help by pressing the “SOS” button to send a help signal
- 🚨THE EXTENSIBILITY : It supports expansion of up to 20 sensors and 5 remote controls paired with one main panel hub. If it loses power, it has backup battery to support 8 hours working. It can support rename different zone name, sensors name, and zone property name
- 🚨COMPATIBLE AND NETWORK : Voice control is compatible with Amazon Alexa/Echo and Google home ,Wi-Fi connection, and only works on 2. 4GHz bandwidth.( It does not support 5GHz networks)
- Plug & Play and Easy Setup: The wireless cameras are paired with the NVR system at manufacturing site. Just power on and serve yourself with 24/7 surveillance. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere you wish. (Refer to the manual for further usage)
- IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera: Records in 1080P HD to capture crisp images, provide HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2.0 Megapixel bullet cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof. Best choice for your outdoor home security
- Motion Detection and Email Alert: Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone when motion is detected. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening
- Mobile Remote Viewing: Connect the NVR to router then download free app ''IP Pro'' into your Phone, Pad, or PC. You can remote access simultaneously on smart devices at any time, anywhere with Wi-Fi/ 2G/ 3G/ 4G. You will never miss out on a moment with remote and local playback, no matter where you are
- Robust Quality and Service: We always stand by your side to help you If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. The expandable system can support up to 8 cameras. Comes with 1x 8-channel NVR and 4 x wireless IP cameras. Additional cameras can be purchased on our front store: CA01 Extra camera
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--The cctv security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed,it's ready to record,you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording,you can also remote playback and live view the video on smartphone.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 8 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 100ft Night Vision. the Metal Housing IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【Easy& Quick Remote Access】--Connect the system with internet,Scan the QR code to Download the free APP on smart phone or Tablet(work with Android and IOS system),and add the device information on free phone APP, just 3 steps, you can remote monitoring the cameras on mobile device anytime.
- 【True 24/7 monitoring】--This XVIM Security Cameras Build-in with IR Cut Filter ensures true color under all lighting conditions day or night; Video Surveillance DVR Equiped with HDMI and VGA port for multi video output.You can live view the recording on HD TV or a computer monitor.
- 【Warranty & Service】--1 years quality Warranty, 30 days money back guarantee. 60 days replacement, We offer a professionl Life time Tech Support ! please contact us if you have any question.
Robot Companionship and Support
Probably one of the most game-changing technological developments that will soon transform life as we know it is robotics. Robots will be the next big leap in technology that totally changes how we live and work, much like the Internet totally transformed the world between the 1990s and 2010s.
Robot helpers may be on the market sooner than you think. Here are just a few of the ways robots might be part of future homes:
1. Robot Companionship
As creepy as it is, one of the biggest areas for robotic development right now is in the field of sex robots. However, many people may simply want a robot around for platonic companionship – someone to talk to and relate with at the end of a long day at work.
2. Robot Servants
Who wouldn’t want a robot to clean the house for you? We already have mini-robots in the form of self-propelled vacuum cleaners. But someday soon, home robots will be able to perform more complex cleaning and organizational tasks.
3. Self-Driving Cars
Cars that drive themselves will be part of future homes, and provide a great benefit to people who are unable to drive due to sickness or disability.
4. Robot Medical Care
Some robots of the future will be caretakers for homebound seniors, providing not just basic nursing but also monitoring of the individual to make sure their health is stable.
5. Robot Pets
The main benefit of robot pets is that they won’t produce biological waste that can be messy and takes time to clean up. People with allergies can also enjoy a robot pet even if they are allergic to a live cat or dog.
Future Homes for Single People May Take Over
If future homes with robot support are comfortable, affordable, and offer the level of safety and companionship that one might get from living with another human, they might end up being the norm. As people might find their robot roommates and “mates” easier to get along with, we might see even more people choosing to live alone in the future. This may or may not be a good thing in the long run, but it is certainly going to be an interesting evolution of humanity.
Last update on 2021-02-25 at 17:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API